Director of Engineering (Ad Tech Stack)Job ID 188835 Date posted 05/24/2018 Location: Redwood City, California Apply
- Manage the team and resource efficiently and ensure the team has clear priorities and adequate resources
- Make critical decisions that attribute to the success of the Ad-Server and ultimately the company
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with other teams
- Proactive in foreseeing issues and resolve it before it happens
- Be the technical leader and mentor for the team by providing guidance for technical and career development. Have a passion for the team and members’ success
- Maintaining high morale and motivating the team to go above and beyond. Advocating for technical excellence and helping the team make good decisions
- Participating in architecture discussions and planning
- Build a solid team by hiring only the most qualified engineers
- Contributing to development tasks
- PhD/Master/Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years’ experience leading software development projects with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
- Highly technical, hands on experience in delivering large scale, high performance, critical services.
- Experience in Ad-Tech industry; familiar with IAB standards and initiatives
- Experience in C++, TCP/IP, webserver, machine learning, big data analysis and SQL database
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to be nimble, proactive, comfortable working with minimal specifications
- Experience working on 24x7 high performance critical services
- Experience in hiring smart, talented engineers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience in communicating with other technical teams, and project management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
About Cox Enterprises
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. The company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms).
The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book and Manheim. Through Cox Automotive, the company's international operations stretch across Asia, Australia, Europe and Latin America. To learn more about Cox's commitment to people, sustainability and our communities, please visit www.CoxCSRReport.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Enterprises
Primary Location: US-CA-Redwood City-1001 Marshall St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Ad Server Engineer Redwood City, California