Senior Human Resources Business AssociateJob ID 1810997 Date posted 07/13/2018 Location: North Hills, New York Apply
The Senior Human Resources Business Associate provides guidance and HR support to the mid-level managers within Engineering on talent, performance, and change management. Reporting to the Director, HR Business Partners, this role is responsible for implementing changes to talent programs and supporting business leaders with talent challenges. The Senior HRBA serves as a resource to team members as well as an adviser to management on talent related issues and provides guidance on the business implications of talent decisions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with managers to retain, develop, and motivate team members to achieve their fullest potential
- Works with HR Business Partner and business groups to assess, create, and implement innovative solutions for a variety of Team Member engagement initiatives
- Participates in the Onboarding of Cox Automotive Product Group team members in the North Hills, NY location and supports orientation for the location
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations. Provides performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Partners with HR teams (e.g., Recruiting, Benefits, HRIS, Compensation, OD, and Learning Solutions) to ensure the business group receives the necessary services, support and communications from these centralized HR functions.
- Provides management coaching to build leadership capabilities to address performance, organizational structure, and engagement
- Participates in the development of business groups’ plans and programs providing guidance from a talent perspective
- Supports HR initiatives for the North Hills, NY location to include identifying high potential team members to participate in special programs, organizing and participating in employee resource groups (ERGs), and other location-wide events and activities
- Attend and participate in Engineering Leadership team meetings
- Responsible for offboarding exiting team members and collecting exit feedback
- 3+ years of experience in various HR areas of expertise and/or business experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, Organizational Psychology or related areas preferred
- Strong understanding of employment law practices and the application/impact to business
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence. Excellent influencing skills at mid- levels in the organization and competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- Proven ability to implement human resource strategies and programs in a complex, fast growing, dynamic environment
- Experience and/or knowledge in organizational development, change management, employee relations and leadership development
- Strong business and HR insight, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
- Flexibility to travel occasionally
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: US-NY-North Hills-3400 New Hyde Park Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs