Senior Sourcing ManagerJob ID 1810816 Date posted 07/13/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
The Supply Chain Senior Sourcing Manager will lead the development and execution support for corporate wide strategic sourcing programs for assigned category. This position is responsible for the delivery and execution of strategic Direct sourcing projects for the Outside Plant Materials category with a specific focus on hybrid fiber coax (HFC) network and technical facilities equipment. This includes defining category specific sourcing strategy plans, leading the sourcing process to include market and baseline analysis, managing suppliers and business stakeholders, developing and implementing strategies, performing supplier capability assessments, continuous improvement and benchmarking that supports the category.
The Supply Chain Senior Sourcing Manager will provide comprehensive sourcing strategies that ensure the ''best value'' result is achieved within the Direct category with focus on HFC materials and technical facilities powering equipment. This includes identifying, evaluating, and selecting vendors to meet internal business needs, managing sourcing processes and completing necessary documentation (including RFQs, RFIs, and RFPs), and conducting vendor capability and suitability assessments. This role will assist in negotiating product/service pricing and contractual terms and conditions. Will assist in establishing standardized and comprehensive contract management packages that comply with the Contract Department processes and procedures requirements and that also minimize any potential financial or contractual risks. The Senior Sourcing Manager will also be responsible for the evaluation of vendor performance and compliance when considering contract renewals. In addition, this position is expected to have a deep understanding of our internal customers businesses and their objectives to develop strategies that meet their current and future procurement needs as well as develop broad vendor, product, and industry knowledge to provide sourcing expertise to internal clients.
The position will engage suppliers by leading the end-to-end supplier selection and bidding processes across high value spend and continuous improvement processes. Results and benefits will be measured across financial and operational dimensions, including price, quality and terms.
- Drive competitive sourcing events and support outside plant materials vendor selection process.
- Execute detailed base-lining, spend analytics and overall event impact results (e.g., savings, cost avoidance, etc.) within categories of ownership.
- Develop total cost of ownership model including but limited to price, transportation, packaging, inventory, returns, etc for outside plant materials to identify waste and process improvement opportunities generating cost savings.
- Track ongoing compliance of outside plant material and technical facilities categories and drive escalation process for non-approved system spend activities.
- Develop and maintain playbooks / repositories (parts list, alternative parts, lead times, on-time delivery metrics, inventory commits, vendor managed inventory, sustainability requirements, buying channel & invoicing, escalation paths, warranty & RMA, vendor contacts) capturing key project details used by boundary partners and stakeholders during the implementation phase.
- Support supplier escalation processes and supplier relationship management/issue resolution.
- Drive implementation planning and execution for identified purchasing opportunities within new or existing suppliers and solutions.
- Maintain knowledge of suppliers within responsible categories for opportunity identification and business case development.
- Drive special project opportunities within assigned categories (supplier and cost benchmarking and research, etc).
- Solicits formal and informal bids for requested goods, taking into account total cost of ownership including but limited to price, terms, transportation, inventory, returns, compatibility, total cost of the supplier's ability to meet their responsibilities.
- Optimize supply base moving towards a few strategic suppliers.
- Establish balanced scorecard selection metrics that extend beyond purchase price.
- Implementation planning and execution for identified purchasing opportunities within new or existing suppliers and solutions.
- Serves as an agent to guide Cox's supplier diversity efforts by providing data monitoring, evaluation, status reports and program communication.
- Develops and implements Program standards, procedures, guidance and discipline.
- Identifies change management opportunities and develops recommendations.
- Responsible for facilitating meetings and presentations to senior leadership.
- Works with the contracts department to create agreements/contracts/standing orders with successful vendor(s), which contain the benefits (prices, service, technology, asset/inventory management, quality, etc.), using corporate contract templates or other approved methods.
- Negotiates contracts for strategic and large vendor contracts for the procurement of goods.
- Implement multi-year strategic alliances with suppliers to leverage company wide volume, reducing the number of vendors to an optimum number.
- 5+ years of related business experience including a minimum of 2 years in strategic sourcing is required. 3+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
- Experience successfully supporting a large-scale Program Management / Process Improvement / Integration initiatives resulting in organizational change.
- Solid analytic capabilities required.
- RFx experience required.
- Experience assigning and coordinating work of cross-functional team members to accomplish project goals.
- Advanced experience with MS Office (Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Self-starter with ability to manage projects and relationships independently.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills through written or verbal communication with specific experience in management reporting and executive presentations.
- Proven ability to create and execute effective business plans.
- Solid business financial understanding and exceptional organization and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of commodities markets and sourcing commodity based products.
- Willingness to travel at required times (minimal).
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Operations or a related discipline).
- Understanding and demonstrated use Vendor Management System highly desirable.
- Top 5 consulting experience a plus.
- Experience in HFC / outside plant materials categories is a plus.
- Project management experience and six sigma training preferred.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: 2018-07-26
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Senior Sourcing Manager, Professional Services Atlanta, Georgia