Manager, Technology (Network Operations Center)Job ID 1811181 Date posted 07/13/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
The NOC Manager will support the Service Assurance Vision to protect and preserve network and services integrity by providing best in class fault detection, triage, event communication, and support coordination across all technologies, products and services while reinforcing the Company goal to be the most trusted provider in America. This leader will oversee daily NOC operations performance and compliance for core Service Assurance functions, and ensure network reliability and uninterrupted service for both internal and external customers.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Provide guidance and mentoring for direct staff and indirect matrix management of internal and external resources as appropriate.
- Responsible for hiring, developing, training, and managing team and individual performance
- Motivates and coaches supervisors and individual contributors to achieve departmental and company goals
- Conducts departmental succession planning and talent reviews, monitors development plans, coaches and mentors to ensure skill enhancement and career development within the team
- Manages the surveillance and performance of all network elements, systems, applications, and services to ensure reliability and uninterrupted service for customers
- Develops and maintains strong and positive provider / client relationships
- Develops and maintains strong and positive relationships across Technology and in alignment with the tiered support model
- Ensures audit compliance and controls to mitigate risks to the organization, while maintaining an environment focused on quality customer service and support.
- Works effectively with technology partners and external vendors, ensuring the appropriate measures and controls are in place to drive optimum performance.
- Manages departmental financial objectives including incurred costs, expense budget, etc.
- Participates in operational planning with Product, Engineering, Development and Enterprise Process Management teams to ensure new projects and production changes meet stage-gate entry criteria and are supportable throughout the lifecycle.
- Ensures Knowledge Base documentation is captured to help standardize problem resolution work and Tier 2/Service Assurance team training needs.
- Establishes tools and evaluates performance data and issue trending analysis to improve network and services reliability, and identify operational efficiency opportunities
- Researches and formulates plans to resolve problems concerning departmental functions, processes, and procedures
- Promotes interdepartmental process coordination by building and maintaining relationships within and external to the department
- Supports standardization of tools and processes to maximize growth potential and drive down cost of service
- Manages activities to reduce unexpected service impacting events, identify outages, and minimize unwanted service volume (both to the call center and to field services) related to known outages
- Ensures adherence to legal, regulatory and security policies.
- 7 or more years experience in monitoring and fault detection in large network environments, including network and IT service assurance
- 5 or more years of management experience in 7x24 NOC environment or similar technology monitoring and support role
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers and quickly adapt to changes in process, requirements, goals and organizational change
- Proven ability to develop an operational budget; responsible for managing or coordinating expenses within an approved budget
- Proven record achieving planned results by making decisions and taking action based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience
- Proven ability to translate national strategy and vision into tactical initiatives
- Ability to travel as required
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science)
- 2 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
- Prefer certification in Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certifications, in addition to Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA)
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: 2018-08-15